The British Club of The Hague
Latest calendar/s of events:
Become a member of the British Club of The Hague for €90 p.a.
• The British Club of The Hague (BCH) is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year.The club was founded in 1928 as The British Women's Club of The Hague and provides a friendly and supportive community for Brits and Anglophiles, both expats and longer-term residents, living in the Hague area and beyond.
• The BCH is a non-political and secular club; membership is open to anyone with an affinity for British culture.
• We meet every Friday from 10:00 to 14:00 at the Pastoral Centre of the International Roman Catholic Parish where members can enjoy each other's company and take part in the various regular and seasonal activities on offer, including monthly talks, occasional chamber music recitals (the most recent one was on 6 April), a readers' discussion group, mahjong, bridge, and a topical discussion group.
• Special events, such as our 'Autumn Market', are held at the Club to raise money for the British Club 'Charity of the Year'.
• Coffee and tea (on the house!), cake and filled rolls are available every week.
• The culinary highlights of the club year are the Queen's Birthday Lunch in June, and the traditional British Christmas Lunch with a Gallic twist.
• Regular outings and activities are held on other days of the week, including walks, and visits to museums, the cinema, antiques markets, and to the indoor bowling alley in Scheveningen.
• The Club provides a wide range of help for British expats including information on local amenities, useful websites and voluntary organisations.