• We meet every Friday from 10:00 to 14:00 at the Pastoral Centre of the International Roman Catholic Parish where members can enjoy each other's company and take part in the various regular and seasonal activities on offer, including monthly talks, occasional chamber music recitals, a readers' discussion group, mahjong, bridge, and a topical discussion group.
• Special events, such as our 'Autumn Market', are held at the Club to raise money both for club funds and for the British Club 'Charity of the Year'.
• There is a well-stocked and up-to-date English-language library open to members on Club Fridays. There you can find the latest batch of new books.
• Coffee and tea are complimentary; cake and filled rolls are available for purchase.
• The culinary highlights of the club year are the Queen's Birthday Lunch in June, and the traditional British Christmas Lunch.
• Regular extramural activities are held on other days of the week, including outings to museums, and other places of interest, and visits to the cinema and antiques markets.
• The club provides a wide range of help for British expats including information on local amenities, useful websites and voluntary organisations.
• The club was founded in 1928 as The British Women's Club of The Hague and provides a friendly and supportive community for Brits and Anglophiles, both expats and longer-term residents, living in the Hague area and beyond.
CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CLUB MEMBERS - 23 MARCH 2020
We are aware that for many Members, Friday meetings are a special fixture in their week, offering the opportunity to socialise in a unique British-international atmosphere and to participate in familiar activities and discussions.
It is therefore with great regret that we have taken the decision to close the Club until further notice.
A new date for the 2020 AGM will be decided upon as soon as possible.
There will be a home delivery service for library books during the closure. Please click here for details.
The British Club of The Hague