The British Club of The Hague
Latest calendar of events:
• The club was founded in 1928 as The British Women's Club of The Hague and provides a friendly and supportive community for Brits and Anglophiles, both expats and longer-term residents, living in the Hague area and beyond.
• The BCH is a non-political and secular club.
• We meet every Friday from 10:00 to 14:00 at the Pastoral Centre of the International Roman Catholic Parish where members can enjoy each other's company and take part in the various regular and seasonal activities on offer, including monthly talks, occasional chamber music recitals, a readers' discussion group, mahjong, bridge, and a topical discussion group.
• Special events, such as our 'Autumn Market', are held at the Club to raise money for the British Club 'Charity of the Year, which is this year 'The Dutch Kidney Foundation'.
• Coffee and tea (on the house!), cake and filled rolls are available every week.
• The culinary highlights of the club year are the Queen's Birthday Lunch in June, and the traditional British Christmas Lunch with a Gallic twist.
• Regular outings and activities are held on other days of the week: walks; visits to museums, the cinema, antiques markets, and to the indoor bowling alley in Scheveningen.
• The Club provides a wide range of help for British expats including information on local amenities, useful websites and voluntary organisations.